Program of Study: Construction Trades
CIP Code: 46.9999
Students are instructed in areas from tool use, with a strong emphasis on safety, through every facet of exterior and interior construction.
- Floor framing
- Wall framing
- Program safety
- Roof coverings
- Window and door installations
- Exterior siding and trim
- Interior finishes
- Interior trim
- Kitchen installations
- Site selection and layout
- Students considering a career in carpentry should possess good math skills, physical agility and coordination, a good sense of balance, and no fear of heights.
- Students work in the community - some past projects students contributed to are: Cascade Park and Union.
- Upon completion of the three-year program, students are entry-level ready for the carpentry field, which at this time is experiencing an extreme shortage of skilled workers. Students are also able to pursue post-secondary education.