Program of Study: Veterinary Assistant
CIP Code: 51.0808
Mrs. Ariel Yanak
Minimum Prerequisites: 1 Math, 1 Science, 1 Language Arts
Career Focus Statement
- Transform your love of animals into a rewarding career using nursing, surgical, and animal care skills.
- Successfully transition into a 1st career job and/or related post-secondary training.
- Be proficient in their career major and demonstrate proficiency through hands-on performance and theoretical testing.
- Experience the reward of caring for animals in a clinical setting.
- Practice customer service and professional ethics when interacting with patients, clients, and coworkers.
- Explore the science of veterinary medicine including animal care/control, grooming, clinical procedures/terminology, and disease prevention.
- Interact daily with animals while working side by side with certified professionals.
- Opportunity to work on your own and staff pets.
- Assist local animal shelters in their efforts to care for and find homes for neglected pets.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Animal Caretaker
- Animal Trainer
- Groomer Assistant
- Kennel Assistant
- Veterinary Receptionist
- Continue on to Post Secondary Schooling for Veterinarian Technician